Here’s a great old open-backed banjo for you. Its what you’d call a “Franken-banjo”–a mixture of parts from a couple different instruments. I’ve played it for quite a few years, but I’m not the one who put it together. So I can’t tell exactly what part came from where, or when it was assembled.
But it sure does sound good! Perfect for old time music or parlor style.
- 30 bracket pot with a solid brass Dobson Tone Ring
- Pretty tortoise shell celluloid around inside rim
- Five string neck with nice inlay, stamped “Vega Fairbanks Banjo Company” and “Senator” — circa 1910-1919
- Four cool old geared tuners
- “Fiberskyn” head. Strung with Nylgut strings
- Nice Boulder Alpine gig bag & extra strings.
Take a look at the pix and write me if you have any questions.
This wonderful instrument can be yours for $750.00, plus shipping.
US & Canada buyers only, thanks. No trades, no BS. I’m not a dealer, just a musician who likes fine instruments. 24 hour inspection period, buyer pays return shipping if not 100% satisfied
Please use this form to get in touch